Tuesday, July 12, 2011

THE BIBLE

Today I started reading from the Book of Job.  The first 5 chapters cover so much concerning the sufferings that one man, Job, takes to fullfill the relationship with our :mysterious God".  I really enjoyed seeing all that Job went through, the loss of all of his possessions and the personal sufferings that went on with his health.  I think many of us, when times get rough, start to fade away, and even blame God for all that is going wrong in our lives.  We tend to "run away" because we don't like the outcome of a certain situation.  Job was tested by Satan, to the highest degree, without taking his life; Job still praised God and looked to Him.  What faith he had!  The thoughts that come into our minds from various things, the evil that comes to us at the worst times, and all of the heat breaks tha we experience, are all from Satan.  We need to continue turning to God and follow His leading.  God is our source of enjoyment, because He Himself is Joy, not evil.  

"....man may be enlightened to realize that, according to the good pleasure of God's heart's desire, man should be filled with God to be the expressionof God only, rather than the expression of man's perfection in his uprightness and integrity." - Job 4:8 Footnote 8:1b

I really do appreciate that care that the church in Austin, had for me and the students of Christian Students on Campus, to get us reading the Bible on reading schedule.  This had really allowed me to seek the Lord first in all things, and not my own desires.  It has made moving back to Flower Mound just a little bit easier.  I am glad that I was able to go back to Ausstin and get my Bible, so that I can dive into Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment